Skin Preparation Instructions
- For maximum results, spend the week prior to your show exfoliating and moisturizing your body. For optimum results use Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub and Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Body Butter. The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE – EXFOLIATE ONLY.
- See Below for specific instructions
TANNING BED INFO:
** If you choose to use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned.
1)The week of moisturize daily with LSR Citrus Body Butter (do this 2x per day and Exfoliate GENTLY M-W-F with LSR Citrus Sugar Scrub.
2) The day of your tanning appointment, make a thick bricky paste of baking soda AND a non-moisturizing liquid gel soap such as Liquid Sun Rayz PH Balancing Body Wash, and gently wash entire body. Then, using Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub GENTLY exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth. You may also shave using the sugar scrub as it starts to emulsify. Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps or other commercially made scrubs! Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. *Avoid all loofa/loofah gloves, pads and sponges. If you do not use Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub as your exfoliater, PLEASE MAKE SURE you wash again with the non-moisturizing liquid gel soap after exfoliating. This will ensure that there is not an excess of oily residue on your skin should your own choice of body scrub contains too much oil.
3) It is suggested that you have shaved at least 8 hours before your spray tan. We do not recommend body waxing, as we have experienced more issues with sensitive skin, poorly given body waxes, wax residue, and severe skin irritations post body waxing which effects your competition spray tan. These skin issues that develop are very noticeable on stage after the tan.
4) DO NOT put on any make-up, deodorant, perfume/cologne Before or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day. These products will react with the tanning solution and turn your armpits and any other areas of the body they contact green! For men, painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application.
5) Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing and flip-flops. Do not wear any RED. The RED dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin GREEN! An over sized shirt and over sized pants made of stretchy fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won’t disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff fabrics!! Jammies and lounging pants, and tops that “easily” pull OVER your head are best. Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! Do Not Wear Jeans!
6) Women can be sprayed nude. If you have long hair, please remember to bring a tie back to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear.
7) Men may wear something smaller than their posing suit, if being sprayed nude is uncomfortable .For the best results, it is easier for us to spray without posing trunks, therefore we will provide socks for coverage.
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 20 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about an hour until completely dry.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in your loose, over sized clothing until the morning. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Do NOT sleep in the NUDE
Note: Those with mature or excessively dry skin may apply Liquid Sun Rayz Daily Moisturizer before being sprayed. This is the ONLY moisturizer we can guarantee a positive result.
Competitors scheduled with LSR assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
*If, during your spray appointment, it has been determined that you have deviated from the above skin prep recommendations without prior communication with me and, you are asked to re-shower, you will be charged an additional $50.00. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. This disruption causes a break down in the schedule, creates unnecessary added stress and additional product expense.
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
If you have used another company’s tanning product it is important that it be rinsed off the skin before being sprayed by LSR. Please discuss the use of ANY other tanning products used BEFORE your appointment with us. We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of. I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.
To Purchase Liquid Sun Rayz products, visit our online store.